Mary J. Noonan
Phone: 708 482-8300 ext 211/221
Working with the Township of Lyons residents since 1993 as Clerk and two terms as Trustee since 1985.
Barbara Minneci Deputy Township Clerk
Phone: 708-482-8300 ext 211/221
VEHICLE STICKERS FOR THE UN-INCORPORATED AREAS OF LYONS TOWNSHIP
Vehicle stickers will be available for sale to the residents beginning May 23, 2012 in the Clerk's office located at 6404 Joliet Rd., Countryside. President Toni Preckwinkle and Cook County Commissioners passed an Amendment to the Wheel Tax Ordinance of December 21, 2005 on November 18, 2011 to increase all Vehicle Stickers. The Late Fee will double after July 1 of each year.
- Smaller passenger vehicles weight under 4,500 lbs. XSV $80.00
- Larger passenger vehicles weight over 4,500 lbs. XLV $100.00
- Persons 65 years or older on or before July 1, 2012 with proof odfdrivers license- FREE (2 car limit)
- Motorcycles MB $50.00
- Pick up trucks up to 10,000 lbs A $100.00
- Non-commercial recreational trailers RT
- Physically handicapped person (proof of registration The State of Illinois under 625-ILCS 5/3-616) NO FEE
- Disabled Veterans (required proof of service/disability) NO FEE
- Transfer of license to another vehicle – must return original sticker or photocopy of original vehicle license TR $10.00
- Duplicate license for lost, stolen or mutilated stickers (requires proof of payment of license fee). DP $20.00
Please note: After July 1st, of each year a LATE FEE will be assessed usually double the sticker price. THE SHERIFF WILL TICKET VEHICLES NOT DISPLAYING A STICKER.
Duties of the Clerk
The township clerk is clerk of the town board of trustees, keeper of all records, except those for active general assistance cases. The clerk is required to keep accurate records of all meetings of the town board and to maintain records of Executive Sessions of the board accoring to statute (minimum of six months when they are to be reviewed). The clerk is also responsible for taking the roll call on all votes.
The clerk is the local election authority and is responsible for accepting petitions concerning local elections and/or referendums. The town clerk is responsible for publishing or posting certain specific notices including notices for the highway commissioner.
The town clerk is ex-officio clerk of the road district and maintains the records of highway commissioner. The clerk must be present for bid opening for both the township and road district.
Some of the programs the clerk has been responsible for:
- "Shop Talk" annual meeting with seventeen municipal clerks, Cook County Clerk David Orr and Sate Board of Election offices
- Attorney General Lisa Madigan's Outreach Representative meets quarterly, second Wednesday of the month with residents of the Township.
- Secretary of State Jesse White's forms for a permanent Placard are available in the clerk's office or at the physician's office
- Vehicle Stickers: Un-incorporated areas of any Township may purchase a vehicle sticker beginning May 23, 2012.
For further information contact: Clerk's office at 708-482-8300 ext. 211. Cook County Department of Revenue Acting Director Zahra Ali may be reached at 312-603-6870 .
2013 Relay for Life of the Countryside will be
Friday, July 12-Saturday July 13 6 pm-6 am.