Clerk's Office

Mike Porfirio
Township Clerk

Phone: 708 482-8300 ext 211/221


Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm

Click here for office hours on Board meeting dates


Duties of the Clerk

The township clerk is clerk of the town board of trustees, keeper of all records, except those for active general assistance cases. The clerk is required to keep accurate records of all meetings of the town board and to maintain records of Executive Sessions of the board according to statute (minimum of six months when they are to be reviewed). The clerk is also responsible for taking the roll call on all votes.

The clerk is the local election authority and is responsible for accepting petitions concerning local elections and/or referendums. The town clerk is responsible for publishing or posting certain specific notices including notices for the highway commissioner.

The town clerk is ex-officio clerk of the road district and maintains the records of highway commissioner. The clerk must be present for bid opening for both the township and road district.

Some of the Services which the Clerk provides are:



Vehicle stickers are available for sale to residents on or about June 1st of each year in the Clerk's Office located at 6404 Joliet Rd., Countryside. Call 708-482-8300 ext 211 after May 31st of each year to see if the new stickers are available.


President Toni Preckwinkle and Cook County Commissioners passed an Amendment to the Wheel Tax Ordinance of December 21, 2005 on November 18, 2011 to increase all Vehicle Stickers. Current prices are as follows:

  1. Smaller passenger vehicles weight under 4,500 lbs. XSV $80.00
  2. Larger passenger vehicles weight over 4,500 lbs. XLV $100.00
  3. Persons 65 years or older on or before July 1 of sticker year with proof (i.e.) drivers license- FREE (2 car limit)
  4. Motorcycles MB $50.00
  5. Pick up trucks up to 10,000 lbs A $100.00
  6. Non-commercial recreational trailers RT $60.00
  7. Physically handicapped person (proof of registration The State of Illinois under 625-ILCS 5/3-616) NO FEE
  8. Disabled Veterans (required proof of service/disability) NO FEE
  9. Transfer of license to another vehicle – must return original sticker or photocopy of original vehicle license TR $20.00
  10. Duplicate license for lost, stolen or mutilated stickers (requires proof of payment of license fee). DP $40.00

Please note: After July 1st, of each year a LATE FEE will be assessed which doubles the sticker price. THE SHERIFF WILL TICKET VEHICLES NOT DISPLAYING A STICKER. Payments accepted are check or money order made payable to "Cook County Collector." No cash, debit or credit cards can be accepted for payment.

Homeowners living in unincorporated La Grange Highlands be aware that the sheriff can issue tickets on private property.

If you own a business in unincorporated Cook County and have a company vehicle registered to its address, you are required to obtain a Cook County Vehicle License.

The Township Clerks and Deputy Clerks continue to work closely with Zahra Ali, Director, and Brandi Watson, Manager, with the Department of Revenue updating information on the preprinted forms which are mailed to our residents.

For more information or to purchse a vehicle sticker online, go to or call 312-603-6961


Residents needing a handicap placard must have a form issued by Secretary of State Jesse White signed by the physician and mailed to the Secretary of State's Office in Springfield, IL.

In the interim, a 90 day temporary placard may be issued by the Township Clerk's office to its residents ont he basis of the proper forms having been signed by the physician, including his/her license number as well as the applicant's. This service is free to our residents.

To obtain a Disability Placard Application stop by the Clerk's Office to pick one up or download one directly at


United States Citizens may register to vote for the upcoming elections at the Clerk's Office. One must have 2 pieces of identification showing their current address in order to register. If residents prefer, they may also go online at to register, seek an absentee application for ballot, find Early Voting Sites, see Election Results, request Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates and more.

For further information contact: Clerk's Offce at 708-482-8300 ext. 211/221.